In May 2018, the Data Protection Act (DPA) will be replaced by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Winter Spa Ltd will never request information from you which is excessive for our purposes. The Winter Spa will only hold data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or in accordance with any retention period described by law.
What this policy covers
The data controller is The Winter Spa Ltd, referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”.
This policy sets out;
• What information we collect from you
• How we collect your information
• Why we collect your information
• How we protect your information
• Your rights and consent
• How to contact us
This policy applies to you if you visit us, purchase goods from us or use our services. This means it applies if you:
• Take an appointment with us
• Purchase goods from us over the phone
• Purchase goods from us via email
• Purchase goods or use our services within The Winter Spa.
• Have expressed interest in our products or services, by either signing up for our newsletter, ticking yes on your client consultation form, or if you have contacted us about our services via telephone, email or social media.
• Have visited our website at any point
What information do we collect?
Information we receive from you:
We will receive personal information such as your name, company name and position (if given), email address, telephone number, company address, and if applicable your bank or card details for payment of orders.
Information we collect from you:
The information we collect online is contact and marketing information so that we can provide you with an efficient service. Website usage information is collected via cookies and Google analytics.
How do we collect it?
We obtain it either directly from yourself when you complete our client consultation form, when you use the contact us form on our website, give your information to one of our members of staff, or when you email us or telephone us directly. We may also collect your information, with your permission, from trade shows we exhibit at.
Why do we collect the information?
• We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your customer account, provide you with the goods and services we think are maybe of interest to you, and with information on products you may want to buy and help you with any orders you may ask for.
• We collect this information to be able to contact you with applicable and relevant information regarding our goods and services.
• For our Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• We collect information via our website to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site.
If you would rather not receive any forms of marketing information from us, please let us know by clicking the unsubscribe button on our emails, by emailing us directly, or by calling our office.
The Winter Spa Ltd will not trade, share or sell your personal information to others.
How do we protect your information?
We endeavour to protect your information in the following ways:
(a) we will not request information which is excessive for our purposes.
(b) try, with your assistance, to keep any information we hold about you up to date and accurate.
(c) delete any information which we hold about you which is no longer relevant, within a reasonable period of the date, such information becomes no longer necessary for our purposes.
(d) protect your data against unauthorised use.
Your rights and consent.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold on you at any time. Please write, email or call us (our contact details are below).
You can request, at any time, that we stop using your information and, that we stop mailing information to you. You may continue to receive mailings on route to you for a short period of time while your suppression is being processed.
Cookies and similar technology
- Remember that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site.
- Store your preferences so that you do not need to input these every time you visit the Site;
- Customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for you;
- Collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the Site; and
- Gather information about the pages on the Site that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”.
This information is only collected by reference to the IP address that you are using, but does include information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider.
Some of the cookies used by our Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services (such as interest based advertising directed at your market segment) on our behalf.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
Visiting www.allaboutcookies.org will provide information on settings within your browser as well as other useful information on cookies.
Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site if you do so.
If you continue using this Site we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and similar technical tools from this Site and reserve the right to amend, remove or add new cookies and similar technical tools at any time.
How to contact us
The Winter Spa Ltd
20-34 Warwick Road Carlisle
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone us: 01228 210250